Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why I don't like Politics and Religion

Before you go cramming down my throat why I should vote for one candidate over another, let me say this much. Every candidate that is running for election for U.S. President has major flaws, and yes both of them have issues relating to pro-life issues (including not only abortion but also the war, death penalty, euthanasia related issues, birth control, etc.). Until the Vatican announces that we should hold to one candidate or the other, I know good Catholics on both sides of this election who can balance and think about issues according to their own conscience and vote accordingly. The next time someone tells me to vote for Obama or vote for McCain I might scream!!! We could be discussing more important things like building up the faithful, converting the faithless, and bringing others into full communion with Rome. Pray about the election, think about it, and vote according to your conscience. For a good guide, I suggest you start here.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your post is wonderful. I agree with you on the canidates that they both have major flaws. I also agree that praying about it is the only solution to whom one must cast a vote for. You are also correct in saying that there are other things we should be worrying about such as building up the faith and going out to be like Christ to others so that we can rely on our each other to make this world a better place rather than the President. Thank you for this post and thank you for the prayers for Melissa. I enjoy your blog greatly!

Kimberly

~Joseph the Worker said...

Thanks for the nice comments Kimberly! I hope I wasn't too harsh in what I was writing, I just had a little too much of it yesterday.

Greg said...

Yes, vote according to your conscience, but some people need to better "form" their consciences first... :-)

By the way, you should vote for...

...just kidding.