Friday, July 18, 2008

Suggestions

Well, my wife and I will be traveling with her parents to her brother's graduation at the beach in a couple of weeks. Since I expect her to be doing a lot of stuff (getting sun) that I don't want to do, I'll have a lot of free time for devotions. I expect to do my liturgy of the hours very consistently at both sunrise and sunset if possible (How beautiful to do morning prayer at sunrise at the beach!) I'll also be attending daily mass as much as possible and swimming in the ocean. Any other ideas of good reflections to do while we are down there?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just started saying the Little Hours (midmorning, midday, midafternoon) from the Liturgy of the Hours and have found it a marvelous way of marking time with God during the workday - I imagine it would be just as fruitful on the beach.

Or another prayer would be to say the Rosary or the Divine Mercy chaplet.

There's also: writing, taking photographs, painting, or some activity such as that using the talents God gave you. Whatever you do, do all things in Christ, and have a wonderful time on vacation.

God bless.