Friday, July 11, 2008

Art!

I found the most magnificent art site I've ever seen in my life in my bookmarks. I vaguely remember seeing it posted on someone's blog a while back, bookmarking it and never looking at it. Let me know if it was you and I'll give you credit.

Part of my journey to Catholicism is enjoying the rich traditions that as an evangelical Protestant we didn't have the beauty of. One of these is Catholic (Eastern Orthodox, other High Church groups) art. Viewing images puts me in a place that I feel closer to God in prayer, study, etc. In the Middle Ages since many could not read, this is how they were exposed to a lot of the Bible and it's stories, through art. Take some time and look over some of the religious art on this page. Pray and meditate on the mysteries that are being presented there.

1 comment:

Soutenus said...

I saw it, too, and linked to it from my Home Schooling Notebook. Amazing isn't it? I gave the H/T to: The Ark and The Dove