Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First Week of Lent - Wednesday

Last year:

Yesterday was my birthday. More importantly, today is the 14th year anniversary of my baptism. One Lord, One Body, One Faith, One Baptism, One Church. Blessed be God Forever! On your baptismal birthday, invite someone over and praise God for your salvation!

"God wills the interdependence of creatures....Creatures exist only in dependence on each other, to complete each other, in the service of each other." - CCC No. 340

"All this talk of consenting adults, rights of privacy, and civil liberties is counterproductive when it presents the individual as an isolated, self-contained unit, free to act without reference to the rest of society. Such a view of the human person is false." - Day by Day with the Catechism. 

Prayer: Christ, teach us to need our neighbors, to seek and give help, that we might come to know the blessings of unity.


This year, I must admit that I am probably more excited about the upcoming anniversary of my confirmation and the completion of my first year as a Catholic in full communion with the Church.  That is actually on March 23 - Easter was really early last year.  I'm also looking forward to my child's baptism this fall.  What spiritual gifts I have been blessed with over the last year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have found that celebrating "Joshua moments" is a great encouragement to the faith. Just as God's people looked to stones as reminders to pass on faith to their children, telling and retelling how He has worked in our lives is one of the best things about being a parent. Praying for you and yours as that part of the journey builds with anticipation. Congrats, too, on all the celebrations of the season.