Happy Saint Valentine's Day!
Let's think about something a little different related to Valentine's Day and love today. Valentine's Day was named after 2 different early Christian martyrs who both died because of their faith in Christ. So, how does that relate to love? In three important ways:
1) Think about (pray if you'd like) your love for God. Is it as strong as those martyrs? Think about how great their love of God must have been to die for their belief.
2) Think about God's love for you.
3) If you are married, remember that you are to love your spouse as Christ loves the Church.
I guess I could add a couple more to think about this year:
4) What about your relationship with your children? Do you love them as your Heavenly Father loves you?
5) Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Could you use the Lenten time to give alms to help your neighbors in distress?