Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soul Searching

I've been having some thoughts about this blog and wondering where to go with it.  It's main purpose has always been to talk about my journey into Catholicism.  That being said, I get the most discussion and response when I talk about politics - something that I have a Masters degree in (Political Science).  So the real question is, should I switch the purpose of this blog to a political commentary from a Catholic view blog?  Or, should I keep it mixed between personal journey/Church teaching and politics?  Or, should I just quit talking about politics period?  I'd welcome my readers inputs into what you like to hear about here, and I'll be doing some deep thinking about what direction I really want to go.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have now tried three times to respond, and it keeps disappearing. What in the world?

I typically read posts from bloggers that intersperse faith and every day life. Learning how another interprets and lives out doctrines and theology intrigues me. That's usually the way I write, too, sharing the every day stuff we experience and how we express our faith.

Keep up the good work. Maybe the political posts were seasonal?

Anonymous said...

Never go fully political.

Just because you get a lot of response on political issues, doesn't mean people don't read your other stuff.

Cheryl said...

I'd definitely say to keep it mixed - there are likely to be times when an idea crops up that won't fit with a stated purpose.

You could always use tags to indicate themes for those who want to read about something in particular.

THS said...

Keep it the way it is. A mix

~Joseph the Worker said...

Thanks for your comments guys. I don't think I could go totally political anyway, but it does seem like niche that I could fill pretty neatly.

The Catholic Journeyman said...

+1 on the mix. No need for a second dedicated political blog when you categorize posts anyway. Diversify!
-Dave

Greg said...

I second what Matt says. I frequently read your posts but rarely post myself. Got a little caught up in the potitical stuff. I'm interested to hear what you have to say, especially about your journey. I'm also interested to hear how others respond to your journey, and perhaps share a bit of their own journeys of faith. Keep up the good work.

Stephanie said...

Another vote for keeping up the mix. :-)