Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pressing Forward

My life keeps on pressing forward - seems like everything is moving very quickly now.  Just yesterday, it seems, my wife told me she was pregnant.  Now our son is only about 3 months away from being born.  Just yesterday, it seems, I began my journey into the Catholic Church, and now I've been confirmed for well over a year.  

I'm not sure why, but I'm the kind of person who always looks forward.  I look forward to next Sunday, my next Eucharist, my next Christmas, my next Easter, my son's birth, my son's baptism, my next child, my childrens' first communion, my childrens' confirmations, my son going to college, retiring, etc. etc.  I really don't like to look back and I don't really regret any steps I've taken in the past (at least not on the macro level, although obviously I am sorrowful for many sinful things I've done before).  It seems like God has a plan for our family and he really makes things work out in the long run.  

So, I guess I just want to give thanks to the Lord for He is good.  His mercy endures forever.  I hope everyone else out there is doing well.

No comments: