Monday, May 18, 2009

Obama Revisited

According to this story on Catholic News services, the Vatican newspaper seems to think Obama said some really positive things during his commencement speech.   You can read the whole speech here.  

And, you know what?  I still totally disagree with Notre Dame inviting President Obama.  I also am skeptical of what he says.  I think his reference to "preventing unwanted pregnancies" means something much different from what it should - probably handing out contraception.  

However, he did mention that he thought we should work towards helping women who want to allow their children a chance to live and that the United States should draft back the conscience clause (I'm unfamiliar with the wording of the original and what was wrong with it, but I do hope he is planning on not trying to force all doctors to do morally wrong things.)  

I'm just praying hard that he is telling the truth and not just being a politician. 

No comments: