I think it is absolutely wonderful when we can actually celebrate a feast in honor of a Feast Day of one of the saints. Especially our patron saints, or someone who means something special to you. This is best done right after a mass celebrating that saint when possible. Here's my suggestion of how to celebrate your patron saint:
1) Gather around the table with close family or friends (only people who are going to be able to participate with you)
2) Begin with a prayer of thanksgiving for the food you are about to eat.
3) Start feasting.
4) Go around the table, keeping conversation on topics such as "Why is this Saint special to me"?
5) Read any kind of Bible verses about the Saint or a hagiography
6) Pray a prayer to God asking for and thanking him for the intercession of this saint.
7) Pray to the saint, asking for his/her intercession, specifically regarding something that has to do with their life. For instance, Joseph is my patron saint, so I ask his prayers that I might live up to his example of a Father and a Husband.
Has anyone else done anything special on their patron saint day or another Saint day?
The Weekly Francis – Volume 205 – 13 December 2017 - This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 26 November 2017 to 13 December 2017. The Weekly Francis is a compilation...
3 hours ago