Friday, August 28, 2009

Review: Divine Office for Dodos

So, I don't feel like too much of a Dodo, per se, but I did feel that although I am now very comfortable with the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) that there were a few rough edges that I needed to iron out. This book is absolutely fantastic! The author does a wonderful job of explaining exactly how the office is prayed and irons out even the most minute of the confusing details. If you pray the office or are thinking about it, pick up her book and give it a read. It is almost like an easy to read instruction manual for the Liturgy of the Hours.

2 comments:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I have been trying to "get" the LOTH for a couple years now. I have gotten discouraged and recently bought this book. So far it's making more sense, hopefully it will catch on. So embarrassing that despite my "higher education" I am struggling to figure out a method of prayer that the Church has been doing for 2 millennium!

~Joseph the Worker said...

I thought the book did a great job of explaining it, although she gets a little carried away with bookmarks. I think the ones that come with the LOTH are enough!