Monday, December 29, 2008

Wonderful Christmas

I had a wonderful Christmas with all my family.  I just wanted to briefly discuss how wonderful I think midnight mass is.  We did all the smells and bells at our parish, even singing Adeste Fidelis in Latin.  I don't think I can overcome the emotions that I feel at that type of mass.  I almost teared up when we were singing Away in the Manger, just thinking about the Lord watching over our unborn child.  

Another thing that I have realized of late is that I automatically tear up every time I see the Blessed Virgin in a movie about the Life of Christ.  Thinking about the emotions she goes through just eat right at my heart, especially considering how I did not appreciate her and all her intervention on our behalf before I became Catholic.

I'm finishing up the book "The Faith of Millions" so I should be able to review that soon.  God bless you all!  Also, everyone should know that I am still reading your blogs at home on the Blackberry quite frequently but unfortunately Blogger isn't very friendly to commenting.  I am around though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your holy season was so blessed! I'm also impressed at your Advent blogging; congrats for being so faithful. I know you and yours are going to have a wonderful 2009 with the new one arriving. 2008 has been a good spiritual year for us, and I'm thankful for blogging friends and that God has opened my eyes to just how large the Body of Christ is in the world! Happy New Year.