Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What is the Church

Mel over at "There's No Place Like Home" had an interesting post where she began exploring the term Church and what exactly the Church is. Catholics obviously have a simple answer to this (although maybe the meaning is much deeper than the simple statement of the marks of the Church) - that the Church is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic. I found a great article over on EWTN about these marks of the Church and wanted to share it, especially because Mel strikes on a lot of the same points in a roundabout way (Note how the author there ties in a discussion of the Eucharist with Unity!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hat tip. I look forward to hearing more about your son at his arrival, especially since he's named for my favorite saint. The link to EWTN didn't work; maybe I'll go search that one! God bless.

~Joseph the Worker said...

Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it.